This is the documentation for ConfiForms Server/Data Center app
With smart classifiers you can build quite complex ConfiForms forms which use and reference the data from each other.
Sometimes, you want to reference a particular smart classifier field only (and not the whole record)
Let's consider the following setup:
- We have 2 forms
- 1st form has 3 fields, all are of type text and with names t1, t2 and t3
- 2nd form has just one field, named "sm" (like "smartclassifier") and it is of type smart classifier and the data is configured to be taken from the first form, and the reducing/filtering logic is as follows:
- by field t1
- by field t2
- by field t3
- then you might want to build a LIstView which will show only values for field "t1" but through the 2nd form, where "sm", smart classifier is configured
- you will then put a ConfiForms ListView macro
- and reference the filed either by using the ConfiForms Field macro or by using the [entry.fieldname] notation
"sm" is the name of the smart classifier field in our 2nd form
This way you can reference any field in the related form, like to reference field "t2" you will write [entry.sm.t2] or just sm.t2 if used in ConfiForms Field macro
Since version 1.16 you can reference ANY field from a referenced Smart field, that means: when you have a reference to other form you can easily get any field values from that form though this reference. Our value finding methods are now much more advanced and allow you to do that.